Friday, April 12, 2013

Acceptence

The pain we deny and hold in, hold onto, becomes the wall preventing the love we feel from being reflected in our words and actions.-from within me



I am discovering that the more I accept and allow, the more I acknowledge everything about myself, how I have felt, and what I experienced from those I have had relationships with, the more I can accept, allow and acknowledge about them completely. So, the good memories become happier and the bad no sweat. I am allowing them to be fully human and to see the love, too. I don't have to glorify or idealize them while secretly hating them. I don't have to hate them while others sanctify them. I can love them and simply acknowledge they were injured children, too. Within me I forget without losing my memory or good senses. Just like the parent who doesn't want to, but disciplines the child anyways because they know it is best for them, I can still hold people responsible for their actions while truly loving them.

The bible says "Lay your sins bare before your brother...." and "if your brother sins against you, bring the matter to him". When confronted quickly, there is no repression and infection. But if we have to "bring witnesses" because that person has resisted acknowledging their ills and we allow it to sit, it does become infected. We end up letting it sit when we're prevented from addressing it by outside forces that we have accepted and integrated within us. Without acknowledgement, healing can't even begin. So, it begins within us and then expressed without. The bible didn't say to stop and accept injustice, it described steps to make it more and more public. And like the widow whose plea was finally responded to by the non-caring judge simply because he knew he would tire of her constantly coming before him, the bible encourages persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment