Friday, April 12, 2013

A parent with courage

When my youngest daughter scratched her bugbite with dirty hands, it got infected. She was in so much pain she didn't want to sit. She cried out "Don't touch it!" when I tried to push out the infection. I cried with her, but I held her still while I squeezed it all out. She found relief and healed up well. Now I face a daughter with an emotional wound grown infected. "Don't come near me!" she cries out. I will cry with her, but I WILL hold her still with visitation and I WILL force that infection out with confrontation, God willing. So she can find relief and heal up well. It's what a parent with courage is willing to go through for their children. The gun such a parent carries is persistence and endurance, loaded with love and compassion, truth and conviction. I love my children and I AM just such a parent. I am a mother with gun loaded who has come for her children.

No comments:

Post a Comment