Friday, July 19, 2013

Ticked at my community!

   A little over 10 years ago some members of the community came to me about a corrupt animal control officer. So, I went to bat for them. I did the research on what was required to get her removed. I stuck my neck out talking to town officials about the process and neighbors. When it was time to produce written statements, every one backed out. "Oh, I'll lose clients". "Oh, no, she'll come take my dogs". Fine. Thanks a lot, but it's your town and your animals she's messing with. If you don't care enough, screw you too. You don't want to clean up your own bed, take responsibility for your circumstances, don't ask me to. I left you all to yourselves then came back at someone's behest only to find things worse instead of improved. Fine, again: it's your bed.
   But this latest cover up placed my children in  mortal danger! And THAT I won't take lying down. By Thursday afternoon I knew all the gruesome details of the crime committed on Main street. And that is saying something because no one in this community particularly likes me and I have no regular interactions with the people involved, if not due to personal differences than simply because of my family name. So, if I knew, the cops should have. But no. This animal was being protected, covered up and allowed to run loose. What if he imagined YOU were holding something out on him? Would it have  been so cool to have done him a favor as a friend? You let him get away with it! What would stop him from doing it again to his other friends? The people who picked him up at the cemetery should have knocked him on the head, trussed him up like a pig and driven straight to the police with his story. You saw the evidence through the windows, you knew he did what he said. You yourself called the police to do a "wellness check" with the murderer sitting right next to you! This wasn't a quick bullet to the head, it took up close, slow and methodical.....a bit more consideration.
   And this guy had already tried to kill his victim at least once. That victim told everyone he was afraid this was going to happen. You knew it was coming and did nothing to stop it. That blood is on the hands of this entire community which fostered and nourished this and constantly just turns their heads to things, trying so desperately to keep their own hands clean trying to play "politics", chopping off the heads who are actually brave enough to stick their necks out.
  There's a deep festering rot in this community and I'm not afraid to say it!

   I am editing to add: another thing to be leery and aware of about this community is their bad habit of making those who are leaving the "normal" ways of this community behind them to walk a different, straighter, road the community scapegoats. So, if you start getting clean or attempt to become a better parent, you suddenly find yourself under a magnifying glass and get the state and cops called on  you for any minute offense that can be presented in an ugly fashion. And when I say community, I include Plymouth and Palmyra, not just Detroit because everyone is related in one way or another, sharing the same mentality and problems. Trust me, you won't get support in this community for going straight or doing right by anyone, especially yourself and your children. You'll just be spit on and beat down like the Israelite scapegoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment